Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Muffin Tin Ham & Eggs




I had seen a bunch of recipes like this on Pinterest and decided to give it a try this morning.  They tasted great and are completely customizable to what you have on hand. This is what I did.

Ingredients (per tin)
2 slices of deli sliced ham (I just used the sandwich sliced meats I had for sandwiches)
1 egg
spinach
salt & pepper

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  First spray your muffin tins with some cooking spray.  Then I pushed in the meat slices, making sure that they left a "well" in the middle for the egg.  The meat slices tried to pop back up, so push them down well.

Next, take a couple of leaves of spinach and put on top of the meat.  Then, crack and egg and drop it in on top of the spinach and salt and pepper to taste.   I actually added the spinach last, but will do it the other way next time.

It should look something like this:

 Then pop it in the oven for about 15 minutes.  My yolks were completely cooked in that amount of time, so if you would like yours still runny, lessen the time.

Once they are done, pop them out with a spoon and serve!  YUM!

Remember that you can use whatever ingredients you like; mushrooms, cheese, onion, red or green pepper, diced green chilies, bacon, bacon bits, etc...

I made a whole dozen because that is what my tin holds.  I just took the extras out and put them in an airtight container in the fridge.  They will heat up nicely in the microwave for a quick breakfast on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment